RSS

If you're looking for a good RSS reader and don't feel like paying $30 for FeedDemon or using a web-based client like Bloglines, let me be the first (probably not, though) to recommend GreatNews. It's just as powerful, just as easy and just as customizable as FeedDemon, and it's free. If you have no idea what I'm talking about when I refer to RSS, then you are a little behind the power curve. Long story short: it's a web protocol that allows you to quickly scan through hundreds of blogs from one singular program. It's great because I'm able to subscribe to all my favorite websites and read them whenever they're updated from within GreatNews.

I've got an RSS feed that you can subscribe to, also. Look for the link button tomorrow, as I'm took tired to work on my templates tonight.

All our B bags were loaded in the connex today. Most of the guys also took footlockers, but I'm not. My thinking is two-fold on this issue: first up, anything we take we'll have to carry, and I don't feel like carrying four bags and a foot locker and a ruck sack, even if it's only a few miles. Secondly, we're going to be living in pretty small spaces, and since I know my family and friends are going to be sending me stuff all the time, I just KNOW that the day is going to come when I'll have to start throwing stuff away. All I really need is my Army gear, my laptop, and a few extra books. If I need anything else while I'm deployed, I'll either order it from Amazon or have my parents ship it over to me. That seemed to work pretty darn well last time around the block.

We're hearing rumors of a four-day weekend coming up, but I'm not holding my breath. There's a lot to do and hardly any time to actually do it in, so I won't be surprised if we end up only getting the regular two days off.

Tags: , ,

Comments

sanj said…
Jeremy, plz leave me your email address at mobeer.blogspot.com so I can send you a joost invite.
Sanj

Popular posts from this blog

Video iPod from Apple next week? - Engadget - www.engadget.com